Sunday, January 13, 2013

First post

Assignment: Make your first post on your blog. You might talk about your reasons for taking EDHI9040, experiences teaching or learning with technology, or your preconceptions of blogging.

I 'm really excited to be taking this course! My use of technology as a teaching tool has been limited to powerpoint presentations, and using eLC as a means for students to turn in assignments. This is dissatisfying to me as a teacher, since I want to get creative and incorporate new and emerging teaching methods into the classroom, including different technologies.

When I was an undergraduate, I took an online course in medical ethics and I remember the experience being mostly a positive one. Learning the material was fun, but contributing to discussions was difficult for me in terms of usability.  I remember the threads being somewhat confusing to follow.  This was in 2008, I think, so I'm sure there's something out there easier to use than we did at that time.

This was my first time blogging, and I enjoy it! 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are enjoying blogging so far - it really is a great way to reflect on what we're talking about in class and how you might implement various technologies in your teaching.

    I hope you find the eLC-New discussion area easier to follow. Be sure to play with the Settings in the tool until you find the ones that work best for you.

    ReplyDelete